With Indian Railways constantly trying to improve the train travel experience for passengers, now, ticket cancellation is hassle-free and smooth. You don’t have to wait in long queues at the railway station or pay exorbitant fees to travel agents to cancel your ticket. Ticket cancellation can be done on the internet, from the comfort of your home.
Know the rules of cancellation and refunds as set by the Indian Railways:
- Ticket cancellation is not allowed at face to face railway counters. The cancellation can only be done online.
- If ticket is cancelled within 48 hours and up to 12 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the train, railways deduct 25% of the base fare.
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled less than 12 hours and up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the train, railways deduct 50% of the base fare.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled after chart preparation. In such cases, you can file a TDR.
- If the confirmed ticket is not cancelled or TDR is not filed up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure, no refund of fare shall be admissible on the tickets.
- In case of RAC ticket, no refund is made if the ticket is not cancelled or TDR is not filed up to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the train.
- For waitlisted ticket cancellations, there are no deductions apart from service and transaction charges.
- On tatkal ticket cancellation, a refund of 25% of the total ticket fare, excluding tatkal charges, are made. Ensure that you cancel your tatkal ticket 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the train, to become eligible for refunds.
- Once you cancel the ticket, you can book another trip immediately as your money is credited back to your Paytm Wallet. Ensure that you have enough money in your Paytm wallet as it makes checkout smoother and faster.
In case of any query regarding ticket cancellation and refunds, contact us on our helpline number 0120488.
Disclaimer: Ticket cancellation rules are governed by Indian Railways. The rules or cancellation charges may vary depending on the train, class, quota, etc.