Imagine waves crashing on the shore, while you sit and enjoy the best coffee & croissant – along with the most enviable view of the beach. That’s possible in Goa. Goa known as one of the best party destinations in India is also home to some of the most incredible cafes. Selling everything from vegan dishes to Israeli cuisine, and of course traditional Goan dishes- there’s much to explore in Goa.
Here are the best cafes in Goa:
- Eva Cafe, Anjuna: This hidden gem in Goa looks like a cafe in Greece. The clean white and minimalistic ambience, coupled with the loveliest view of Anjuna beach- Eva Cafe is a favourite with many. Run by an Israeli lady, this cafe serves some of the most delicious breakfasts you can have in Goa. All thanks to the fresh produce they use. Even if you’re not around in the morning, go here to enjoy beautiful sunset views from the cafe.
- Cafe Bodega, Panjim: This uber popular cafe is located in the heart of Goa, Panjim. This artsy looking cafe serves a variety of yummy baked goods like waffles, pancakes, tarts and much more. They also serve the usual sandwiches, pizza and salads as well. Enjoy watching life go by on the lively, colourful streets of Panjim while enjoying a nice cup of Joe.
- Cafe Chocolatti, Candolim: Run by a Londoner for the past 15 years, this lovely little secluded cafe is quite a find. They are known to sell some of the best baked scones, jams and everything chocolate. Plus, everything is homemade! Located in a garden near the popular Fort Aguada, this cafe is for those who love their English breakfasts and baked treats. The cafe is an extension of the owner’s premises. And of course, this lovely cafe is pretty famous for its homemade chocolates which are decadent.
- Sakana, Vagator: If you’re craving Japanese cuisine while in Goa, go no further than Sakana in Vagator. Located between Anjuna and Vagator beach, this is truly one of the best cafes in Goa. Originally the brainchild of Indian-Israeli Eliko and his Japanese wife Mali- Sakana is truly in a league of its own.
- Café Inn, Palolem: Located in South Goa, near Palolem this quiet little café attracts tourists from all parts of the world. Serving everything from drool-worthy shakes to fresh salads and lovely juices, Café Inn is worth a visit. If you’re out and about in the morning, then do stop by this café for a delectable breakfast. There’s alcohol on the menu too. You must try Israeli cuisine, which is quite a specialty here.
These were some of the top cafes in Goa. Have you been to these?