Thailand has to be one of Indiaâs most favourite party destinations. It requires minimal effort to reach there, plus itâs not heavy on the pocket! Whatâs not to like about Thailand? The pretty beaches, royal palaces & ornate temples; Thailand is the perfect getaway. Already wondering how to go? Hereâs the comprehensive Thailand Visa guide for you!
The procedure for Visa on Arrival in Thailand:
Indians who want to visit Thailand for not more than 30 days, can get a Visa on Arrival easily from Thailand. They can avail the Visa on arrival service form & go to the 32 designated Immigration checkpoints at PhuketÂ International airport. The process can take anything from 10 minutes to an hour. The Visa on arrival service is available 24 hours at each of these international airports in Thailand: Phuket International Airport, Don Muang Airport, Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Samui Airport, Surat Thani, Chiangmai International Airport, Hatyai International Airport, Songkla.
Following documents are needed for the Visa on Arrival form:
- Airline Boarding Pass
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months following your departure date with at least 2 remaining unused pages for any necessary entry and exit stamps that may be issued
- A completed visa application form available at Immigration checkpoints in Thailand
- One recent photograph of 4 x 6 centimetres headshot not older than 6 months
- A confirmed airline ticket showing the departure from Thailand within 15 days of the date of entry.
- A completed Arrival-Departure card, which the airline staff will distribute before landing in Thailand
- Proof of means of living expenses while in Thailand, which is 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family
- Visa on Arrival application fee of 1,000 Baht payable in Baht only
Procedure for Thailand Visa ( If stay for more than 30 days):
If you want to live in Thailand for more than 30 days, you have to follow another process. You have to apply for visa to the Royal Thai Embassy. You can get a regular Visa to visit Thailand from the Royal Thai Consulate General which is in three cities – New Delhi, Kolkata & Chennai. You can expect your passport back in 3 working days after application. The visa fee is Rs 2400 per person
Here are the documents that are required for the Visa form:
- Passport (with 10-year validity) which remains valid for 6 months from the date of departure. Please note that the passport booklet should have a minimum of 2 blank pages for official use.
- Three Passport size photographs (of 35 X 45 mm with white Background on matte finish paper & 80% face area). Please make sure your teeth are not visible. If you wear eye glasses, please wear transparent/white lensesÂ while getting the picture clicked. Embassies usually reject photographs of subjects wearing coloured lenses.
- Â Cover letter from the âmain applicantâ or the person incurring journey expenses explaining the reason for travel.
- Â Visa application form, duly filled and signed by the passenger(s).
- Â If youâre a businessman, a cover letter on a business letterhead of your company stating your position and length of service.
- Last 3 monthsâ personal bank statements in original on banksâ stationary. The account balance should be INR 40,000/- per person, and the bank Statement should be stamped by the bank.
- Â Air tickets and hotel bills.
Please note that an NOC letter from the person bearing your expense and his national ID proof will also be required.