Now that holiday season is coming up, Goa is the place which is on everyone’s list. The golden beaches, cool wind, the slow life & New Year parties; Goa has something for everyone! The easiest way to tour the entire state on a 10k-budget is by bus; did I mention it is cheap as well? Here’s what all you can do on your bus trip to Goa.
Arrive at your hotel in Goa & rest for a bit. You can take a walk to the nearby beaches & dig in to some delicious Goan food.
Hop on to the bus and see the mesmerizing sights of North Goa. The price for a one day tour to North Goa is around Rs 499/ person. They will make you see all the best tourist sites in Goa. The must-see places are:
- Fort Aguada: Once one of the most formidable Portugese forts of India, now stands crumbling on the shores of Arabian Sea. Fort Aguada is a typical example of Portuguese military architecture. It’s built from laterite stone which is readily available all over Goa.
The most attractive part of this fort is the four- storeyed lighthouse. You mustn’t miss this wonder, when in North Goa!
- Calangute Beach: One of the most popular & crowded beaches of Goa, Calangute beach is a must-visit place. It is the largest beach in North Goa & is located between Candolim & Panaji beach. It’s swarming with beach shacks & eating joints serving alcohol & traditional Goan food as well.
- Baga Beach: Another busy but beautiful beach of Goa, Baga beach is popular for water sports. There are sports like jet-skiing, boating, dolphin-spotting & many more here for the adventure enthusiasts. Here there’s a famous market that’s set up every Saturday night with stalls selling handicrafts, textiles & clothes.
On day three you can go & explore the Southern part of Goa or do water sports activities. South Goa is the slightly less busy part of the state, where you can explore the pretty churches & temples. South Goa sightseeing by bus will be around Rs 599/ person. If you want to experience the “laid-back” side of life, South Goa is the perfect place to explore.
- Bogmalo Beach: One of the most pristine beaches of Goa, Bogmalo beach can be explored when there’s a stop for a flight, as it’s not very far from the Dabolim airport. It’s an ideal place to bask in the sun & also to explore the underwater scene. There are excellent dive trainers available here.
- Shantadurga Temple: If you want to explore some temples in Goa, this is one of the richest temples in Goa. It is located in Kavlem and is dedicated to Shantadurga goddess.
- Naval Aviation Museum: For those interested in aviation, this museum showcases the Indian Naval weapons, equipment & air crafts.
Book your bus tickets on Paytm at the cheapest prices and explore Goa on a limited budget.