A Happy And Wander-Ful New Year From Paytm Travel To You And Your Loved Ones!
January is our most favorite month of the year, as it means 12 new months and many long weekends to explore India and check boxes off our travel bucket list. A new year also means new savings, renewed leaves, annual celebrations, festivals, public holidays and of course a new set of long weekends to pre-plan and pre-book travel tickets on Paytm.
Before dwelling further, with Covid-19 playing hide and seek, we request you to travel only when advisable and follow all safety guidelines to the T. Please ensure to get double vaccination with booster shots (whenever eligible), RT-PCR test before and after travel, maintain social distance, always stay double masked and sanitize your hands frequently. Also, secure your trip with Paytmâs Cancellation Protect and Bus Cancellation Protect to get a 100% refund.
Now, helping you hack your 2022 and align those annual leaves with public holidays, hereâs your long weekend calendar with getaway options in India.
In the first long weekend of 2021, do consider the below experiences:
- Rann Utsav at The Rann of Kutch
- Uttarayan at Ahmedabad
- Snow laden slopes in Sikkim
- Coffee plantations of Coorg
- Explore South India via The Golden Chariot
In the most colorful month of the year, these are your holiday options:
- Cherrpunjiâs Living Root Bridges in Meghalaya
- Holi at Vrindavan-Mathura
- Snorkelling in the Andamans
- Snowboarding in Gulmarg
- Snow leopards at The Great Himalayan National Park in ShamshiÂ
Summers getting to you? Here’s your weekend jam:
- Sunny mornings and evening jams in Dharamshala
- Lions at the Gir Wildlife Sanctuary in GujaratÂ
- Cara Bazaar in Shillong
- Carnival in Goa
- Winters in Manali
5 months in and not yet travelled? Pick one and head out ASAP:
- Trekking the hills of Pelling in Sikkim
- Scaling the terrains of Kanchenjunga
- Scenic beauty of Pahalgam in Kashmir
- Snow-clad mountains of Dalhousie
- Tea plantations in DarjeelingÂ
- Beaches of Kerala
- Flower show in Ooty
Wanna skip the festival hustle? Here’s your grand escape:
- Janmashtami in Mathura
- Paragliding at Bir-Billing
- Yak safari at Lahaul
- Spotting one-horned rhinos in Assam
- Ruins of Hampi
Dussehra stands for long weekends and stunning destinations:
- Phytoplankton lights at night in Gokarna
- Dussehra in Kolkata
- Beautiful lakes of NainitalÂ
- Taj Mahal at Agra
- Diwali at VaranasiÂ
- Safari at Panna National Park in Madhya Pradesh
Only two months left in 2022, choose and start exploring:
- Gurunanak Jayanti at the Golden Temple in Amritsar
- Cherry blossoms in ShillongÂ
- Tiger spotting at Sundarbans National Park in West Bengal
All the above experiences are pocket-friendly and easily accessible if planned and booked in advance. Donât hesitate, because 2022 is your year to travel smart.
At any given time, just hop onto Paytm flights, bus, or trains to book your transportation and kickstart the long weekend getaway! But before booking, check the destinations updated Covid-19 regulations and mandatories to avoid hiccups and have a smooth vacay!
Good luck, have a safe 2022!