The IRCTC Tejas trains are all set to start operations on October 4, 2019. As an initiative to enhance the train travelling experience of the passengers, the Indian Railways introduces Tejas trains on two specific routes: Lucknow-New Delhi-Lucknow and Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Ahmedabad.
The Lucknow-new Delhi-Lucknow Tejas train is to start operations from 4th October 2019. The train is to cover the distance between the two cities in 6 hours and 15 minutes. The train will have one Executive class chair car that has 56 seats, and nine chair cars that consist of 78 seats each. The train coaches are air-conditioned, with all modern amenities and elegant interiors to ensure a better travelling experience. This train is to run 6 days a week, except Tuesdays.
The other IRCTC Tejas train that is to run on the Ahmedabad-Lucknow-Ahmedabad route is to start services after the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express commencement. This train is to run on 6 days a week, except Thursdays.
The travel bookings for both the Tejas trains have started. Infotainment services are available for passengers on board. RO water filters are installed in each coach, and the passengers are provided with premium quality food and beverages that includes breakfast, high tea and dinner as per the journey timings.
Some of the features of Tejas trains are:
- Bookings are available for defence personnel and those from the Central Parliamentary Forces who are on duty.
- There will be no concession on the ticket bookings. Children below 5 years will be exempted from ticket fares, and those above 5 years will be issued full tickets and will be provided with a seat.
- The train fares would be dynamic in nature, with fares varying from season to season.
- One coach of 78 seats would be available for Group booking, which can be booked on first cum first served basis. From the opening of booking, this coach can be booked till 5 days prior to the journey date.
- No tatkal and premium tatkal quota would be available on train ticket bookings. Only General Quota and Foreign Tourist Quota are available. 5 seats in the Executive chair car coach and 50 seats in the chair car can be booked by foreign travellers.
- If the train is cancelled, confirmed and waitlisted tickets would be completely refunded without filing TDR.
Taxi hiring and hotel booking facilities would also be available to the passengers eventually. On demand, the passengers would also be provided with wheel chairs.
IRCTC plans to extend its facilities to the insurance of baggage of the passengers, along with picking up the baggage from their homes to deliver it at their seats, and later delivering the baggage at their delivery point. These services would be nominally charged.