Dubai embodies the have-it-all spirit in a lot of ways – with its sky-scraping architecture, countless shopping hubs, desert safaris, the glorious white marble domes and mosques; not to forget the world’s tallest pre-eminent building, Burj Khalifa, and Abu Dhabi. Travellers can have a fun time in Dubai – all at a limited budget, and that’s what makes this city a prime destination for tourists.
And now, Dubai is going to add another feather in its cap. The city is all set to build a floating replica of Venice, and the grand plan was recently unveiled.
The replica is essentially going to be the world’s first Venetian-themed underwater resort that would give the travellers an uber-luxurious experience. The resort would have winding waterways, gondolas, arched bridges and even the famous Piazza San Marco of Venice.
The key features of the resort will be:
- 12 floating beaches
- Glass-bottomed swimming pool with views of the coral reef underneath
- 12 underwater restaurants
- Bars and a spa
- Traditional Venetian festivals and events to be celebrated at the venue
- The underwater cabins with spectacular oceanic views
- Venetian-style shops and arcades
- The gondolas flown in straight from Italy
The resort will be accessible by boat, sea plane or helicopter, and will be designed to host 3000 guests at a time. Once the project gets completed, this resort would become a destination in itself.
Book flights to Dubai today!