Missing the last time you travelled with your adorable pet buddy? Well then, it’s time to add a brand new plan to your travel list. Travel with your pets more often and appreciate the joys that they bring into your lives. Remember to address and help create public awareness about the plight of animals awaiting a forever home in shelters and rescues around the world.
Whether you’re a proud pet parent of a dog, cat, fish or bird, or just love pets, today is another perfect day to show them some more love and appreciation. Take them for a walk, give them a treat, cuddle up with them on the couch, or plan amazing trips and embark on fun adventures with them. The great news is there are lots of ways to travel with your pet. There are a few safety rules to follow to make sure your pet stays safe and you’re both able to travel comfortably. Even if you haven’t yet travelled with your pet, keep scrolling to know the important details.
Pet Air Travel Guide
If you’re looking to travel with your pet via flights, there are many airlines that accommodate this, like AirIndia and SpiceJet. Airlines like Akasa allow passengers to travel with up to 2 pets. Make sure to adhere to the pet travel rules and carry all important health, vaccination, licence and other certifications to ensure maximum travel safety.
You can travel with your pet with certain airlines and the service will cost you approximately Rs. 1,200/kg plus taxes.
- All pets must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Pets must be kept in an animal carrier or pet container for the duration of the flight.
- All animal carriers must be properly ventilated and have good air circulation.
- All pets must be accompanied by veterinary health certificates issued within 10 days of the flight. All pets must be vaccinated against rabies, canine distemper, canine parvovirus and infectious canine hepatitis.
- The weight of the pet and carrier should not exceed 32 kg (70 lbs) in cargo hold, the pet and the container together should not exceed 5 kg for cabin carriage.
- The pet container must be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- The pet should be provided with food, water, and bedding.
- Pet owners must inform the airline in advance about the pet’s travel.
Pet Train Travel Guide
Amazing news for pet parents! IRCTC will soon make it possible for you to book your pet’s train tickets online. An online ticket booking facility will soon be launched by the Indian Railways for those pet parents who would like to travel with their pet. So, if you faced challenges with the same before, there’s a brand new solution in the making.
You can travel with your dog in AC first-class compartments if you book the whole coupe. If you decide to carry your dog in a dog box, you’ll be charged as per the luggage rates applicable. You can travel with your cat by booking AC first-class tickets with a cabin or a coupe.
- All pets must be accompanied by their owners.
- All pets must be kept in a pet carrier.
- Pet owners must inform the train staff about their pet before boarding the train.
- Pets must be vaccinated and their vaccination certificate must be presented to the train staff.
- Make sure you provide food and water for your dog during your travels.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times while travelling.
- For a pet travel booking, make sure you reach the luggage office with your dog at least 3 hours before the train’s departure.
- Carry a certificate from a veterinarian specifying the breed, and other details of your pet.
Pets bring us so much joy, and today is the perfect day to say thank you. So, don’t forget to give your special pet an extra big hug today and make sure to capture the moment for lots of loving memories! Plan a refreshing break or vacation with your pet and book travel tickets with the most exciting offers.