Indian Railways is set to start 200 special trains from June 1. The booking for these trains opened from May 21 for both AC and non-AC coaches. These new trains are an addition to the 15 pairs of Shramik trains that have been run by the Indian Railways during the national lockdown.Â
New Passenger Rules for Special Trains
- As per the existing rules, Waitlisted/RAC tickets will be issued by the Indian Railways.
- Only passengers with confirmed tickets, RAC tickets and partially waitlisted tickets will be allowed to board the train.
- Passengers must reach the railway station 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.Â
- All passengers will be mandatorily screened at the station. Only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board the train.
- Symptomatic passengers with confirmed tickets will not be allowed to board the train, and the ticket amount would be refunded to the passengers.
- All passengers must wear masks/face covers from the entry point until the completion of the journey.
- The Tatkal bookings will be open from June 9 for journeys dated from June 30.Â
- All passengers must follow social distancing.
- Passengers should mandatorily install and use the Arogya Setu app.
- Sanitisers will be provided for passengers at the entry points and inside the train for use.Â
Other Rules Set By Indian Railways
- First chart preparation will be done 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure, and the second chart preparation would be done at least 2 hours prior to the departure.Â
- No catering or prepaid meal bookings will be entertained. However, there would be provision for limited eatables on payment basis in select trains.Â
- Linen and blankets will not be provided inside the trains. Though the temperature of trains will be regulated accordingly, passengers can carry their own linen and sheets for use.Â
- The railway employees and ticket collecting staff would ave tags to identify them as railway staff. The TTEs will not touch the tickets/phones to check the tickets. Instead, a magnifying glass would be used to check the tickets.Â